Sunday 18 April 2010

April 13th – 15th

Sooo, the night of Tuesday 13th April a group of us decided to head out to Stanthorpe town and go to the pub instead of the usual sitting in the kitchen area drinking. Was nice to have a bit of a change and also not have to worry about a 9:30pm curfew for lights out and noise down! There was 10 of us in the end, probably one of the biggest crowds Stanthorpe Central pub has ever seen on a Tuesday night! There was me, Nic and Leighann, Sandra and Jenny (swedish girls), Rosie and Sara (english girls) and Matt, Liam and Daniel (english boys). Was a good laugh, spent too much money, got too drunk - story of my life. I also reminded myself that tequila shots are pretty damn gross, especially with the salt and lemon. Yuuuuck. Got a taxi home and I ended up in the taxi with Sandra and Jenny who were both absolutely WASTED, and I'd thought I was drunk! They were absolutely hilarious though. Not long after we all got home, Sue came out and was yelling because we were all making too much noise, nothing new!

Wednesday dawned as the day Nic was going to buy her car - after everyone who was leaving had left, we went into town to wander round, walked up to the garage and sorted it all out. Her distant relative who works in the garage took us to the courthouse place so she could register it, and then we were all sorted. Its a really nice car actually, a 1993 Mitsubishi Magna - long enough to sleep in and to hold our ridiculous amounts of luggage, and its also a really nice sky blue colour, hence the (possible temporary) name for the car - Sky! Nic and Leighann proceeded to drink some more whilst I had a quite evening doing feck all, was k-nackered mate!

Thursday 15th April, now that we had a car and not a lot else to do, Nic, Leighann and me decided to go to one of the nearby national parks, Girraween. The night before Nic had spoken to two people from the campsite, Anna and Ryo and sorted that they were gonna leave and come in the car with us when we left on the Friday to go to Byron Bay, and they came with us to the park as well. They're really lovely, Anna is estonian and Ryo is japanese and they're both leaving Australia soon to travel Asia together, though Anna is coming back I think?

Anyway so we went to Girraween and climbed what is known as 'The Pyramids' - we were proper bombing it up and that damn thing is steep, needless to say I was remarkably out of breath by the time we got anywhere near the top! I didn't go quite to the top though the other guys did, I stayed a bit lower but I got some absolutely wicked photographs :) Made me happy! Glad I took my SLR, even if it was weighing me down whilst we went up (ha!). After that we went to see another thing which was called 'The Arches', some pretty cool stones that have worn away to make an arch. Had lunch after in a nice little picnic area, saw a kangaroo quite close up. Tiring day!

However, we headed on home and proceeded to eat dinner and then DRINK! Was our last night in the caravan park so of course we had to celebrate, a lot of other people were leaving to so it was a generally good evening :) Stayed in the kitchen til lights out and then went to sit by someones tent to chill out for a few more hours without fear of evil Sue! Was a good night, wasn't too drunk and we just sat there chatting random shit for a while. One of the guys (Ralph) was playing guitar, and after many requests he played Wonderwall for us, albeit with new amusing lyrics about how no one knows what the song is about, you definitely had to be there but it was hilarious. At one point I decided to record our conversation so used Nics camera and just filmed for about 15 minutes, it was pretty damn hilarious listening to it back the next day when we were all sober. My attempts at accents and speaking italian are pretty damn awful. Went to bed relatively late, Nic was wasted and my attempts to make her eat bread and drink water proved pretty unfruitful!

No comments: