Friday 9 April 2010

April 4th - 9th

So I had Saturday off work due to a dodgy eye but it was seeming better on Sunday so I went back in, managed most of the day but then got 'sent home' around 1pm - not really sent home as I just went and sat in the car waiting for the other girls to finish, but either way. They thought I had conjunctivitis and they were rather worried I'd give it to them I think lol well either way at least they knew I wasn't faking!

Sunday night Rosie and Sara drove us up to the hospital, Nicola came with me as as most people well know I'm practically blind without my lenses and I wasn't wearing them cos they were making my eyes really sore. At this point they were ridiculously red as well, not good. Doctor nurse lady and doctor strange man said it was probably conjunctivitis too and gave me eye drops and eye ointment stuff, for free, which was odd. But I wasn't complaining.

Cue several days of boredom. I had Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday off work for my eyes to recover. Tuesday I went back to the hospital for a checkup and then wandered around the town a little bit in my blind state to relieve myself of some boredom, but other than that I was ridiculously bored most of my time! The only thing I really could do was read, cos I could hold the book about an inch from my face, but even that gave me a headache after a while, blaaaah!

Either way, I went back to work yesterday (Thursday) because my eyes had gone back to their normal shade of white and they were fine. Wore my sunglasses all day to help with the dust, and although they got a bit irritated towards the end of the day they haven't gone red or anything and they don't hurt so all is well with the world. However, they've given us today as a day off which is just a giant pain in the ass for me, although everyone else is happy. I missed out on a bucketload of cash being off sick, so I just wanted to go back to work! BAH! Nevermind. Hopefully we're back tomorrow.

Anyway last night because we all had today off, everyone was in a good mood and there was a general drinking session down in the kitchen, nothing special there but it was good fun as always, and for once we didn't get booted out at the 9:30pm curfew which was damn strange. The owner normally comes down to tell everyone to shut up and get out but she didn't come down at all, not that we're complaining - me and Nic were in there until gone midnight with a couple of the guys, chatting shit and all that - was pretty damn fun. Although one of the guys kicked off at one of the others which was a bit eventful, amusing after everyone had calmed down but bloody hell he's irish and he gets a bit violent when drunk. Psssht.

Today is Friday, its really lovely and sunny and we're all heading into town. Couple of the girls want to get piercings, I want to get a tattoo but theres nowhere in Stanthorpe that does them! Definitely want to get another one while I'm out here though I don't know what of yet! Gonna upload all my ridiculously silly photos from last night and some from the last week and stuff, all brilliantly amusing :D We were using my SLR last night and I remembered how much better the image quality is, still counting down the days until we finally get out of here and I can find some interesting things to take pictures of! Whoop whoop :) Anyway this is all for now, off to town so spend my not-so hard-earned cash and all that ;) Who knows, maybe I'l end up with another hole in my ear or something!

No comments: